The Log Cabin was built in 1936 by the Work Project Administration (WPA) at a cost to Rutgers University of $5000 for materials. It is equipped with a spacious lounge, two large stone fireplaces, kitchen facilities, and a back porch which overlooks scenic Weston's Mill Pond. It is located within the confines of the Rutges Gardens, Rutgers University's beautiful arboretum and botanical garden. In 1993, the Alumni Pavilion was added as a supplementary structure to The Log Cabin. The Pavilion is 40' x 75' accommodating approximately 220 people. An attractive memorial brick patio joining the Cabin and Pavilion was added. The Log Cabin & Alumni pavilion complex, which is managed by the Rutgers University Gardens and rented as a single facility, hosts a large number of weddings, parties, and campus events each year. It is a versatile setting that is enhanced by its architectural simplicity and proximity to the seasonal splendor provided by the Gardens' many collections, and is suited to a variety of functions.