Old Queens, originally called the Queens Building was erected in 1809. It was named after Charlotte Sophia the wife of George III, King of England. Charlotte Sophia was the youngest daughter of Charles Lewis, brother of Frederic, third Duke of Mecklenburg- Strelitz. She married George III on Sept.8, 1761 and was crowned on Sept. 22. Queen Charlotte was buried in St. George's Chapel, Winsdor. Source: Catalogue of Building and Place Names at Rutgers.