This building actually started out as The Ralph G. Wright Laboratory and was erected in 1949. Wright was born April 29, 1875, at Cherry Valley, NY; B.S. (Columbia University, 1899); Studied at the Federal Polytechnical College of Zurich, Switzerland; M.A., Ph.D. (University of Basle, 1902); Research Assistant, Columbia University, 1904-05; Professor of Chemistry, Washington and Jefferson College, Washington, Pa., 1905-07; Professor of Chemistry and Head of the Department of Chemistry, Rutgers University, 1907-30; Board of Education, New Brunswick, 1914-17; elected Life Member of Board of Trustees, Rutgers University, 1938. Then The William Rieman Laboratory of Chemistry was added to the Wright lab in 1973. Rieman was born Sept. 4, 1899; died October. 29, 1972; attended Lehigh University, 1917-18; B.Sc. (Rutgers University, 1922), Ph.D. (Rutgers, 1925); appointed Assistant in the Department of Chemistry, Rutgers, 1922; Professor of Analytical Chemistry; authority on the process of chemical separations by the ion exchange; Director, School of Chemistry, 1962-65; Fulbright Award Recipient for study abroad at the University of Madrid, 1961; recipient of the Distinguished Research Award of the Rutgers University Research Council, 1955. Source: Catalogue of Buildings and Place Names at Rutgers.