The Davidson Residence Halls were erected in 1961. They were named for Gabriel Davidson. He was born on Jan. 23, 1879, at New York City; attended City College of New York; LL.B. (New York Law School, 1900), LL.M. (New York University, 1901); practiced law, 1901-07; appointed Assistant Manager (1907) and General Manager (1917) of the Jewish Agricultural Society; member, Beureau of Farm Information of New York State, National commission on Prisions and Prision Labor, American Country Life Association, American Jewish Historical Society, IOBB, and the Free Sons of Isreal; Davidson Residence Halls are on Davidson Road, which passes through land purchased by Davidson in 1929 as an agricultural settlement for Jewish farmers. Source: Catalogue of Buildings and Place Names at Rutgers.
This building is currently inactive and is no longer in use as a residence hall.